Summer 2015 Blogs

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Applying Life Skills in Education

It is real. Yes there is a must that there needs to be a change in education. Children go to school daily and learn the basics that they are required to learn and what teachers must teach. I believe that children need to start learning what they do not know. Schools are consumed with what is said in the textbooks instead of what is happening in the real world. I say that schools should apply more history knowledge to students and a requirement that they learn about their own hidden history. We spend a lifetime learning about history but do not know the history about ourselves and how we were brought up.

It amazes me how much material I have learned since grade school but the important ones I have always remembered were about life, growing, and getting better as an individual. Those things are what allowed me to strive for excellence and set  a standard. All students do not get this kind of treatment. They need to start applying what students do not know instead of packing them down with books, test, and worksheets that will not benefits them in the future.



http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/teach-children-meaning-respect-46523.html


The music video above "Don't Stay in School" has a very powerful message if you listen to the words. It is not going against students being in school but it is going against what it being taught in school. He mentioned how he cannot remember learning how to get a job but learned how to dissect frogs. The point he is making in this video is that students should not have to learn things they do not need in the future. I believe that teachers should be required to balance life skills and lessons children have to be taught by the state. There is always an opportunity to pour into children. At my job, every Wednesday I have girl talks with the ladies in my class and the guys go with the male group leader in my class. It is easy to apply life skills and inspire children even if it is not a requirement.


Understanding Why Education Must Change

545 comments: