Summer 2015 Blogs

Friday, June 5, 2015

Create A Voice For Change

When you look at the title of this post, you read "What Happened"? When I say what happened, I mean what happen to education in schools. I believe that our middle school, high school and elementary schools are tremendously failing because of the lack of education and knowledge.  Education does not seem to be the same as it was when I was in grade school unless I was not aware of the changes that need to be made until I begin to witness it myself.

http://www.inclusionireland.ie/content/page/changes-resource-teaching-hours-children-education-needs




I am not sure if you agree or not,  but education in grade school is effecting children in more negative ways than positive. Many teachers, staff, administration are giving up on our youth. What happened to the ones that care about what the children are doing inside and outside of school. I know a lot of it reflects on the kind of home these children are raised in, but it should not change how the youth are impacted when they are out of their parents presence.



What happened? There are problems, but there are also solutions.

Solutions:

Imagine the Change: introduce new ways of reframing content and instruction that can be replicated in classes.


Begin the Change provide an on-site workshop for ongoing planning support for a semester or the school year.


Sustain the Change focus on preparing an internal team to lead, evaluate, and sustain instructional change.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/for-teachers/curriculum/creative-change-educational-solutions

2 comments:

  1. Hay I went down to the south were this stuff is a lot more noticeable. People in Topeka are not divided like people in the south are and I have spoken to so many people about that. I have even taken a class trip over spring break a while back to try and learn why this has happened and I brought back a lot of pictures and sound bites that you may want if you need material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to look at some material! I believe different areas have different impacts.

    ReplyDelete